Wednesday, January 23, 2008

a LisT of tHingS on My mInd.

How sad is it that Heath Ledger is no longer with us? As I was at work rolling silverware, my friend Cody, asked if I had heard the news? For some reason or another, the news made me really sad, he was so young, and beautiful... lol. I absolutely heart '10 things I Hate About You' and I will always remember Heath Ledger singing on the steps of the football stadium... sigh. I wonder if he knew, how his acting impacted people, even in a corny, comically-relieving way?

Kenya. Kenya, has been on my mind lately. I cannot stop thinking about my son, yes, I have a sponsored son, Erick Njoroge, he is 17 years old, and in school in Kenya. It saddens me to hear, and read about all the political unrest that Kenyans are going through. Pray for Erick, if you think of it. Kenya has a huge part of my heart, and I hope that things begin to look up soon. This is a picture of Erick. Love him.



I wonder how this song I am listening to, actually does make me miss everyone. I am listening to "All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone," by Explosions in the Sky, and I think it is amazing how the music, which has no lyrics, does such an amazing job of portraying the emotion put into them. I like it.

It's cold. I like that too.

I think I have found my sport! If it's on ESPN it's a sport right? Well, I am in beginning bowling, and after learning the mere first step: arm swing, I am proud to say that I got 5 strikes. WHAT? I know huh?... I don't mean to brag or anything... but isn't that awesome? I am way on my way to a 300.

I wonder where I will be in a year? Any predictions?

2 comments:

Enrique Treviño said...

La situación en Kenia es triste. Kenia es un país que da optimismo de que libertad y democracia pueden existir en Africa, así que los eventos transcurridos ultimamente hacen la situación más triste.

Creo que todo se arreglará. Uno de mis estudiantes es de Kenia y se veía con confianza de que las cosas regresarán a la normalidad.

Sobre Heath Ledger. Si es triste. Yo lo recuerdo más por otras películas, pero de esa película ("10 Things I hate about you") lo único que recuerdo es la escena donde canta en el estadio.

Enrique

El peri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.